Why We Collect Your Information
We collect information from you in order to:
• Deliver the information, programs, products or services you have requested from us
• Provide you with customer support
• Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about information, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or Service Providers, Licensed Providers or Corporate Affiliates
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Give Back Box product and service offerings
• Display advertising tailored to your interests or background
• Perform data and statistical analysis
• Enforce our terms and conditions, and perform any other functions otherwise described to you at the time you provide your information
Information We Collect From You
We collect basic information such as your name, contact information, preferences and date of birth.
Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. also collects information on our website. We collect both information that identifies you as a particular individual (“personally identifiable information”) and anonymous information that is not associated with a specific individual (“non-personally identifiable information”). When you visit our website, some information may be collected automatically as part of the site’s operation. We also collect information we receive from you during online registration and when you complete other forms. In the following sections, we explain in more detail the types of information we collect online.
• Your browser type and language, and operating system
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area
• The times that you visit our website
• Information about areas of our website you visited
• The sites you visited immediately before and after visiting our website
• Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within our website
• Unique identifiers when using a mobile device, including mobile device identification numbers
• Information that can identify the physical location of your mobile device in accordance with applicable law and industry guidelines and best practices. We will seek your permission before we identify the physical location of your device and before we engage in any continuous tracking of your device’s location.
• Information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other technologies:
(a) A “cookie” is a piece of information a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the website that allows the site to recognize your computer each time you visit. You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us to send you cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies from us, your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited, such as our tools and other online features.
(b) Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs or Web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a Web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed.
• Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded
• Upon request for assistance, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer
• Standard server log information
Other Information We Collect From You
Information you provide directly to Box-N-Out and Boxnout, Inc. through our website. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our website. However, in order to help us better serve you, we may ask you for information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact us through our website, including:
• Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number and mobile number
• Payment information
• User name, password, and password-reminder questions and answers
• Age and date of birth
• Other demographic information, such as gender, employment information and ZIP code
• Information for a public profile, such as your interests, your profile photo, personal updates and descriptive information that you provide, and the address of your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, Twitter, Pinterest or your website
• Communications preferences, such as which emails and newsletters you would like to receive
• Search queries
• Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service
• Correspondence you send to us
• Information collected about you offline (including via fax, mail and in person)
• Other information that may help us to provide customized content or advertising Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from Service Providers, Licensed Providers and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
• Name, postal address and telephone number
• Demographic data, such as age, gender and income level
• If you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through our website, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services
• Your interests and purchase behavior
• Publicly observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos and other online postings
• Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on
Information Collected by Third Parties
We may allow third-party analytics companies, research companies or ad networks to collect non-personally identifiable information on our website. These companies may use tracking technologies, including cookies and Web beacons, to collect information about users of our site in order to analyze, report on or customize advertising on our site or on other sites. For information about how to opt-out of the customization of advertising from many ad networks, you can visit here.
With Whom We Share Your Information
Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information we collect about you.
Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. May Share Your Information With:
• Corporate Affiliates. We may share information including your personally identifiable information with wholly or majority owned affiliates or other affiliated organizations, such as Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc.’s charitable affiliate, so they can provide you with information about services and programs that might interest you.
• Approved Vendors. We may share your information including your personally identifiable information with companies we hire to provide certain administrative services such as processing address labels, managing databases and sending mailings.
• Selected Nonprofit Organizations. We may occasionally engage in “list exchanges” with selected nonprofit organizations in which we may share your information including your personally identifiable information.
• Aggregate Data. We may share aggregate statistics and other non-personally identifiable information with the media, government agencies, advertisers and other third parties. These aggregate statistics will not allow anyone to identify your name or other personally identifiable information.
We May Share Your Information With Other Third Parties
• Pursuant to Legal Requirements. Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. will disclose your personally identifiable information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
• To Protect Our Website and Users. We will disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, our website users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
• In Connection With Business Transfers. We may share your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order or in the unlikely event of a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of Box-N-Ou®t and Boxnout, Inc. or our affiliates, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or bankruptcy.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. uses commercially reasonable physical, procedural and technological security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of the information we collect about you. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third parties are permitted to access personally identifiable information, and they may do so only for lawful purposes. When we share aggregate data with third parties we prohibit them from reengineering nonpersonal data to permit identification of individual users. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. However, no website or Internet network can be completely secure. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft. How You Can Keep More of Your Information Private
You have options for limiting who can see your information
If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update or delete that information or to shut down your account by clicking on Update My Profile.
You may request to stop receiving communications from us by sending email to email@example.com. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, you may continue to receive material from Service Providers, and/or other parties to whom we provided your information before processing your request to opt-out of communications. You will need to directly contact those third parties in order to opt out of receiving such communications. You also may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of those third-party emails.
Accessing Information We Collect From You
If you would like to review and/or request changes to the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you, please contact us by:
• Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you ask us to delete your information, it may take up to 12 weeks to complete this process. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
Visiting Our Website From Outside the United States
Box-N-Out® and Boxnout, Inc. is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Rights
Email us at email@example.com